Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Only the end of one journey, but the beginning of the next

The day that I was dreading came around so quickly and I had to finishing packing, which proved to be a bit of a challenge. But the hardest part was saying goodbye, and leaving a place where I had so much fun, and gained so many precious memories and stories. But it wasn't just saying goodbye to James and Natasha, who are my family, but saying goodbye to Europe and the United Kingdom, with whom I fell in love.

As James dropped me off at Heathrow, I considered for a split moment not boarding my flight home, but then realised that boarder control would probably evict me forever, and that I'd rather leave and return than never be allowed back in the kingdom.

I took my bags to the check in counter, having already checked in online, and notified the luggage boy that my bag did have 2 bottles of champagne and that I would cry if they were smashed, and suck my clothes dry. So he was kind enough to 4x 'fragile' tag and sticker my backpack (the bottles made it home safely and intact).

The flight was long and awful, with a stupid 'hidden' stop that ruined my ability sleep. Knowing that I was arriving in Melbourne in the morning of August 1, I wanted to be alive, and awake in the correct time zone, so sleeping was of the utmost importance. Thankfully Natasha had given me some herbal sleeping tablets, and although I probably only got about three hours, and didn't feel as though I had slept at all, I did arrive in Melbourne with enough energy to get me to 6pm.

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment